2e - why you think it sucks, and why you're right

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
LORE
There are reportedly (and by this I mean literally, by the Medieval Associated Press) only a dozen Nose Tyrants in existence with unique names like "The Grand Snoz", "His High Honker", "My Little Button", etc. and that they will sometimes allow a respectful traveler free passage if they hail them by their proper name while offering a clean handkerchief.

It is also a well established fact that the Medieval Associated Press is a sophomoric drinking club in the city of Lower Vermissimouth, well known for gossip mongering and inventing blatant falsehoods designed to trip up foolish adventurers.

Last edited:

The Heretic

Should be playing D&D instead
Lastly, (somewhere) he makes the point that Prince's beloved Dark Sun setting (2e) was an attempt at recreating Burrough's Barsoom.
I switched from reading Bestiary 3 to some old Dragon magazines while I'm cooling off in the basement. One was a 3.5 issue about D&D settings. That's pretty much what they said in the Dark Sun section.

Ugh. Dragon was awful by 3.5. 50 new feats! 10 new prestige classes! Who the fuck cares!

The first years of Dragon are much more interesting to read.

The Heretic

Should be playing D&D instead
Anti-magic Sneeze. Prismatic Snot. Well do men fear the power of the Nose Tyrant and its even more hideous cousins.
Just wait until we get to the Tongue Tyrant! That one will be awesome!

(also ftr the nsfw organ version of the tyrants have already appeared in Slaughtergrid)