Quarantine Adventure Design Contest - The Random Generator

DangerousPuhson

Should be playing D&D instead
It's back! Time to put your design money where your design mouth is!

This time the theme is an adventure with a randomly generated premise. Here's how it works:

1) Post your desire to participate in this thread.

2) Go to my half-sarcastic, semi-usable OSR Adventure Generator post on this forum and roll up a concept.

3) Get yourself a concept and the title of your new adventure (OK, real talk here, obviously I can't verify the "randomness" of your rolls, and there's really nothing I can do to stop you from just picking whatever combination works, so we're going to be on the honor system here folks)

4) Write a brief adventure around the generated concept and post it here, in this thread, no later than September 1 7 2020.

Who can dethrone Grutzi, the 10FPF Adventure Design Champion? Will we see a new emerging champion? Will we get an entry from the "professional" authors lurking around these parts, who presumably should be able to easily blow the competition out of the water? SIGN UP BELOW AND FIND OUT!

Last edited:

Two orcs

Officially better than you, according to PoN
I will participate.

Plastered Larder of the Tempting Samurai

While this prompt isn't exciting it does fit my extant campaign perfectly so the effort won't be wasted.

Edit:
It's winter in Japan. The commoners eat pork and pickled fruit while the nobles write poems about freezing to death chasing the perfect snowflake. All is still in the Imperial City. But in the mountains all manners of ghouls and goblins flock to the larder of Okina Te, Big Hand. Meat, sake, song and other delights are offered to all the spirits and beasts of the mountains. The reason is obvious to all.

Big Hand is gathering an army to overwhelm to capital!

Infiltrate the plastered larder and spoil the feast! Or revel with demons and lead the destruction of Kyoto as lieutenants of Big Hand!

Last edited:

Rabenwonne

A FreshHell to Contend With
Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I'd like to give it a go. Just for the giggles. :)

What I got is
The Flayed Whistle of the Marked Trace

and I think I got quite an easy one. ;)

Last edited:

Grützi

I'm in too

I got:
The Witless Vaults of the Cumbersome Crevasse

Sounds like fun .... yay .... gotta think real hard for this one.

DangerousPuhson

Well now, the stakes have officially been raised folks... You've got some stiff competition against a two-time champion. Looking forward to what you've got Grutzi.

Grützi

Thanks, but don't make that big a deal out of it ;-) I'm happy to have a contest with more than two people in it :p
And your table does its job admirably ... producing cool sounding names, which in my case are absolutely useless :p Just kidding ... already juggling around some ideas.

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
Sigh...I don't have time for this. I really really don't.
But I couldn't resist rolling on the tables....damn it.
Perhaps a real short one...if I can find the time...

Congealed Witchdoctor is a Blathering Bastard!

Warning: There may be more drawings....

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Jaded Queen of the Cumbersome King sounds a little too much like the state of my marriage these days #cabinfever4ever&ever&ever

Congealed Lord of the Youthful Observance sounds too much like other things here and super weak.

Irradiated Paradox of the Volatile Skies. Third time's the charm and it fits right in to other things!

If I win, will you fickle bastards come back to GTC? :cry:

DangerousPuhson

Congealed Lord of the Youthful Observance sounds too much like other things here and super weak.
Too bad you were so quick to write this one off, it had some potential.

I can envision an evil spirit, formed by the essence of pure childhood mischief and/or trauma, rising up to act as a guardian of a village of children whose parents have all vanished. It silently judges, waiting to find the right person(s) to assume stewardship of these children. FUN TWIST: The spirit is actually made of the missing parents, and defeating it brings them back.

The1True

I can envision an evil spirit, formed by the essence of pure childhood mischief and/or trauma, rising up to act as a guardian of a village of children whose parents have all vanished. It silently judges, waiting to find the right person(s) to assume stewardship of these children. FUN TWIST: The spirit is actually made of the missing parents, and defeating it brings them back.
Sounds like you're ready to face the judging panel as well...;)

Grützi

If DP wants to participate I could also Judge this whole thing. Being better than you lot, I have nothing to prove anyways ;P

The1True

But now I'm looking forward to the Witless Vaults of the Cumbersome Crevasse!

DangerousPuhson

If DP wants to participate I could also Judge this whole thing.
I may, I may not. Work just axed my teleworking situation, so now I have to commute back to the office like some regular "essential service" schlub.

Last edited:

TerribleSorcery

Okay I rolled a good one on the second try, and I think it can fit into my home game, so I can justify the time spent.

Sept 1st is a pretty short deadline for the pace I work at (glacial!!!) but I'll give it an honest shot.

Incandescent Queen of the Gilded Dream

The witch-queen Purah found that one lifetime was not enough for her grand ambitions. Prevented by her vanity from facing a rotting corpse in the mirror for eternity, she disdained the path of lichdom. Instead, she sought to purify her earthly body in the Source of Life Itself! From her bastion in the clouds, her elemental servants raised a golden staircase up to the sun. When it was done, she climbed up and never returned. Her enchanted fastness still roams the skies, its marble halls silent & empty for centuries. What might remain inside? Treasure, certain death, or maybe even ascension...?

I can see two ways this might go - the 'Gygaxian' version - going full Manual of The Planes on it, or the 'Mythic.' Not sure which route to take yet but ideas are already flying.