Should I be happy or sad that all the drahma has moved to the Tenfoot comments section?

Should I be happy or sad about this

• Happy

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Sad

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sanity-destroying beat-poetry

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
Somebody says you can't have your record played because it offends them. Tyrants are made of such stuff.
-R Pryor

Beoric

8, 8, I forget what is for
Somebody says you can't have your record played because it offends them. Tyrants are made of such stuff.
-R Pryor
Nice strawman, but I just said I wasn't defending the legality of Smith's actions. And your comment was nonresponsive to the comment I directed at you.

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
THOU DAREST VIOLATE THE SACRED COMMANDMENTS?

HATH THEE FORGOTTEN THE EDICTS I HAVE LAID DOWN BEFORE THEE FOR THINE OWN GOOD?

WOE! WOE! FOR I WOULD TEACH THEE HUMILITY WITH FIRE AND MOLTEN SILVER AND A BRAZEN ROD.

AM I NOT TERRIBLE IN MY WRATH THAT I MUST FASHION AN EXAMPLE OF THEE?

THERE SHALL BE NO SULLYING OF THESE HALLOWED HALLS WITH THINE VULGAR PRATTLE POLITICK.

HEED WELL THESE WORDS AND KNOW THAT I AM EVER WATCHFUL.

DEFY ME AGAIN AT THINE OWN PERIL.

FOR I AM THE EXECUTARCH AND MINE HAND IS THE WILL OF HOLY BRYCE

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
I guess we got our answer. I thought we were keeping things pretty tame/lame/inane, but there ya go...
The initial post or the drama stuff is fine with me, the Will Smith stuff risks going over the line.

Happy gaming gentlemen, hope everyone is doing well!

Beoric

8, 8, I forget what is for
The initial post or the drama stuff is fine with me, the Will Smith stuff risks going over the line.

Happy gaming gentlemen, hope everyone is doing well!
I we are avoiding politics, perhaps you should delete the video @Osrnoob posted that refers to Smith by the "N-word" about a dozen times.

Osrnoob

That video was a reference to The Boondocks a show created by a diverse cast and the video comes from Black Twitter.

Speaking of Pryor I remember Cosby had ongoing talks with him over this very subject

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
I we are avoiding politics, perhaps you should delete the video @Osrnoob posted that refers to Smith by the "N-word" about a dozen times.
Perhaps you should drop the subject.

Speaking of Pryor I remember Cosby had ongoing talks with him over this very subject
Perhaps you, also, should drop the subject.

Feel free to fight this stuff out in PMs or elsewhere, just don't do it here.

Last edited:

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
Hi Prince!
And a fine day to you Mr. Squeen. I hope you and Trent will someday bury the hatchet. New house depression is fading. I am once again myself, a silver lotus in a quicksilver pool unfolding under the rays of a collapsing star. Findings have been found, vacations have been schedueled, and my reviews of the works of C.A. Smith are proceeding swimmingly.

There is probably some sort of argument to be made that any party that exerts pressure to change a certain status quo is going to have to be countered by pressure from an opposite form if the change is going to be prevented but in general moving the drama to some off site location like the comments sections is probably to the good of the quality of discourse here.

Osrnoob

Is Trent the person who left here or is that someone else?

I think I joined 2 years ago in a quiet fallout of something like this

I remember everyone was like who is this reserecting there threads

Last edited:

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
Is Trent the person who left here or is that someone else?
Trent is cool, runner up in the legendary No Artpunk Contest (sequel coming soon!), often has very good takes on old adventures. https://mystical-trash-heap.blogspot.com/

I think I joined 2 years ago in a quiet fallout of something like this
Just so. I don't quite recall anything after my decision to institute the only rule on the forums, but I can't say I've regretted it all that much.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Nah that was DP. I remember our 'don't resurrect the lich' conversation lol

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
but in general moving the drama to some off site location like the comments sections is probably to the good of the quality of discourse here.
That's fair. My only problem with the wild zoo in Tenfoot's comments section is the number of 'Anonymous' posters. boo on that bullshit.
For some reason the chimeric sock-puppetry is fun and games over at the old YDIS, but kind of filthy and predatory here... Maybe a problem of perception on my part?

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
That's fair. My only problem with the wild zoo in Tenfoot's comments section is the number of 'Anonymous' posters. boo on that bullshit.
For some reason the chimeric sock-puppetry is fun and games over at the old YDIS, but kind of filthy and predatory here... Maybe a problem of perception on my part?
It was filthy and predatory at the end of YDIS's lifespan too, truth be told. It's hard to maintain a good community like that, it actually requires very creative forms of policing, albeit in the more egalitarian sense. Anyone who attempts to join in and sucks suffers ridicule himself. The opposite of a consensus based format like Reddit. Its probably a good format if there is a goal in mind and you have a clientele that is above averagely witty and the whole point is to produce outrageous satire that is scathing, potty-mouthed and provocative but the comments sections in Tenfootpole are not really designed for that. Still, the vast majority seems perfectly fine to me.

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
A second thought occurs. A lot of the sockpuppetry is less joyous and more vicious. There are not many winks and nods, a sort of jovial mockery. The intent is more pure, the antipathy more direct.

Osrnoob

I love that Bryce allows annon comments. Many blogs only allow Google accounts

You know what happens if you say you like some girls dungeon and she gets canceled 2 years later

People dox you for ever supporting them and your life is over

Bryce, I would not be here if you only allowed Google accounts so thanks for making me feel welcome!

Scary stuff having everything tied to a phone #

Last edited: