Should I be happy or sad that all the drahma has moved to the Tenfoot comments section?

Should I be happy or sad about this

• Happy

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Sad

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Sanity-destroying beat-poetry

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
I miss everybody. It's a dysfunctional relationship...

I mean it was kinda fun sometimes...

The1True

Definitely drama fueled by multiple anonymous sock-puppets is worth avoiding but still. Some lively disagreement. Some subversive politics. A soupcon of the politically incorrect. Non?

Beoric

8, 8, I forget what is for
I do miss the deeper discussions about gaming, but not necessarily the drama. But I expect I'm not the only one who is a bit distracted right now...

The1True

How the hell am I the only one that can only cast one vote. This system is rigged (not the way I wanted it)!

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
I do miss the deeper discussions about gaming, but not necessarily the drama. But I expect I'm not the only one who is a bit distracted right now...
As do I. I know I probably created some of the drama--so my bad! But when passionate people collide over the same hobby--it's what is expected I suppose, despite best intentions. I blame paladins--Fuck those guys.

Did any of you join in Bryce's contest? I threw one in but had to do a quick job of it. Too busy with Gyllagoon's Island Kickstarter, finishing other projects, playtesting Vermilion (a TPK...sigh) and getting ready to become homeless and wander in the wilderness for 4-5 months starting in May. Probably won't post much till I get back unless I hit some internet spots.

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
Work has rewarded me for doing a shit-ton of impossible R&D work by asking me to a two shit-tons of mundane implementation work in less time (while simultaneous talking out of both sides of their mouths and telling me to relax and take more time off...just...like...they...do).

I am so ready for retirement.

Two orcs

Officially better than you, according to PoN
I do like gameplay/design discussion but it's rarely productive, I suspect because everyone here is experienced/sclerotic enough to have found their style. The most productive would probably be discussions on technique, but there can't be much back and forth because someone can present a technique and the rest will either nod sagely or bite back cluelessly.

Did any of you join in Bryce's contest? I threw one in but had to do a quick job of it.
I did. I'm not sure it will be the best but it will definitely be the most polished. I finally came down with the coof exactly the day the competition was announced so I had several days when I could write undisturbed by anything but evil dreams and malaise. On top of that I found an English speaking editor who also had time to run a playtest just before deadline to iron out a few kinks.

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
As do I. I know I probably created some of the drama--so my bad! But when passionate people collide over the same hobby--it's what is expected I suppose, despite best intentions. I blame paladins--Fuck those guys.

Did any of you join in Bryce's contest? I threw one in but had to do a quick job of it. Too busy with Gyllagoon's Island Kickstarter, finishing other projects, playtesting Vermilion (a TPK...sigh) and getting ready to become homeless and wander in the wilderness for 4-5 months starting in May. Probably won't post much till I get back unless I hit some internet spots.
Really?! Are you backpacking? How did you manage to take that time? Switch jobs or tons of PTO?

Squeen you should go too. That could be what you need! I have always idolized people who hike the way or whatever it is in other parts of the world

@Two orcs thats so cool. An editor, I am very excited!!!! Ahh yes lets go

The1True

I do like gameplay/design discussion but it's rarely productive, I suspect because everyone here is experienced/sclerotic enough to have found their style. The most productive would probably be discussions on technique, but there can't be much back and forth because someone can present a technique and the rest will either nod sagely or bite back cluelessly.
There's definitely some hardening of dogma around here, but I still get something from every 'Is my dungeon sexy or nah' post that goes up here. I don't think I'm alone in this. More fantasy heartbreakers would be very welcome as well!

Osrnoob

I really like that Milton posted his stuff here. I think that feedback led to him getting a best listing

Malrex

Really?! Are you backpacking? How did you manage to take that time? Switch jobs or tons of PTO?

Squeen you should go too. That could be what you need! I have always idolized people who hike the way or whatever it is in other parts of the world

@Two orcs thats so cool. An editor, I am very excited!!!! Ahh yes lets go
Yeah, I'm hiking the 2,650 mile Pacific Crest Trail from Mexican border to Canada. I told my boss I was doing it, no negotiation. I was fully prepared to quit if needed. Was kinda thinking of moving states anyways, but the boss said they would keep my spot, so I'll probably go back and work a few more years before moving off somewhere. I may GoPro some of the trip for fun...definitely taking a graph paper notebook (waterproof) as I think the wilderness will provide some inspiration for some adventures.

Squeen should totally come with me...

Osrnoob

Pcttttttt !!! Get it

You decided on gear yet? You going phones or sat phones / cell phone provider based WiFi hotspot with solar panels. Or perhaps only Garmen and public computers to check in

Gear us up. Whats your training routine been like

Last edited:

Malrex

Pcttttttt !!! Get it

You decided on gear yet? You going phones or sat phones / WiFi hotspot
Ya, got all my gear. Got phone and a Garmin--but Id rather leave it all...haha. Gear is amazing these days...my pack, sleeping quilt, and tent weigh less than 7 lbs! back in the day, I must of been toting around 60 lb packs...now my pack weighs like 20-25 lbs depending on how many days of food I have. Probably up to 35 lbs with all the water I got to carry through the desert portion, but I don't plan to go heavier than that. Only thing is, the permit system is super random what place in line you got and I think I was one of the last 10 people to get a permit--so my start date is very late May...which means I got to go really really fast to hit Canada before the snows around Oct. 1st. I think I have to go 24-30 miles a day depending on how many zero days I take. This will be total F.A.R.P.

(F.A.R.P= the Fat Ass Reduction Plan)