Feedback Thread: Maps

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
No feedback needed, just sharing some partial maps I made over the holidays as prep for a campaign session

Spilled ink all over the top one and need to redo it (someday). The cubes in the bottom are just for perspective clues.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Nice! Worth a quick sepia filter! Maybe some light colour washes for the water/trees

squeen

I don't know who needs to see this, but it's a CAD version of a 6-mile hex with exact measurements (as a slight refinement to the ones given here).

6mile-hex.png

For reference, Ireland is 32,595 sq. miles...or 1045 x 6-mile hexes. That might sound like a lot, but if you take the square-root of 1045, that's only 32-33 hexes across the top and side of a page.
ireland.jpg

Last edited:

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Curious as to why you didn't apply a hex grid to that map to illustrate your point?

But yeah, this is what I've been saying about people producing adventures with million mile long treks. It's a very North American perspective on wilderness. Traveling short distances on foot is arduous and a ridiculous amount of features can be found in 6, 3, and even 1 mile areas. Hexcrawls do not have to be massive undertakings.

squeen

A preliminary (pencil) version of a map I've started. It's the prelude route for the party getting to the output/ranch and Lost World Crater (both shown above).

I got obsessive laying down a true perspective grid (6 mi x 6 mi, hand-drawn) I hope to use to adjust some errors before inking.