Persistence of Fucking Vision: They're like Dreams! The motionless pictures are moving?!

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
The photographs move past
faster than your brain can let go
of them. And that’s how the movie
projector tricks us into believing
that motionless pictures are moving
- a motion picture

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
I don't know the topic, but these weird AI generated movies in which objects distorty and morph are very much like dreams.

Beoric

The Pink Floyd one is pretty trippy.

Funny how many of the "actors" images clearly started with the faces of people who actually played those roles, and just tweaked them a bit. Hard to see how that wouldn't be a copyright infringement, if this wasn't fair use.

squeen

Why did this just fill me with despair?
Because you work in the industry, right? AI is gonna mess stuff up. No doubt.

I starting picking up drawing because I saw a gap in the RPG cottage industry that I might fill after I retired. BAM! Almost the same instant, here comes AI art to fill that hole.

At least in the immediate future, AI has a very specific look. I found it interesting from an artistic perspective to see what AI has been trained as the style similarities in what makes something "1950's film". Also, these is a very specific facial structure all the women in the videos have.

Found one more

Osrnoob

Good transition to AI art! That's the controversy on late night with the devil

I had no idea watching the movie and really liked it

They used AI for the old style TV logos and art

Seems like something the SAG strike would cover?

It was Indy so maybe not union, that last bit I doubt

Monkey Man is the best new movie out right now, spread the word

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Because you work in the industry, right? AI is gonna mess stuff up. No doubt.
Our head of department foresees AI being quite a helpful tool for now for dealing with drudgery and allowing more complex work to be done on lower budget productions, but it's still about 5-10 years away from replacing junior staff. Frankly, I see it moving a lot faster than that, though. Which is worrisome. Honestly, I need about 60-70% mindless drudgery in my work week. It leaves me the desire and creative energy to work on the hard stuff.

More worryingly, I see a mass die-off of creativity as AI and we further recycle and remix what has gone before. I'm a tech optimist though; I think we'll find a way to work with it after some upheaval, and we'll be seeing some truly wild new forms of entertainment and human expression before we're too old to appreciate it.

I find the AI intrusion into creativity incredibly alarming. I could certainly see the attraction of its use as a guided tool by fellow creatives, but the specter of it as a replacement, and the problem of it learning by stealing skill... It has taken me a life time of trial and error and practice and so many, many rejections to hone my craft enough where I'm just now starting to make a living at fiction. That some industry execs could just decree to strip mine my work to teach their program how to write is incredibly frustrating. I learned a few months back that some of my fiction already HAS been utilized in this manner, along with a whole bunch of other writers. We weren't even notified, much less compensated.

And don't even get me started on AI art replacing artists who've spent years and years laboring to master their skills. It's not as though these particular professions are typically remunerative in a substantial way. Why do they want to come after them? Because they can? Because they can save a little bit of money by having a program create something? Ugh. I don't know where the middle road or the compromise is...

Osrnoob

Safe search on!
That said you do you XD

It's a great film I saw. Canadian with homages to Buster Keaton and Modern Times

Osrnoob

Sasquatch Sunset! Do I like it?

I don't know!

Will you?

Glad to have a rare what the hell did I walk into moment in the theatres!

That's what Cinema is all about and is in short supply these days