1.13 Use the Fucking Appendix? Rewrite: DELETION CANDIDATE?

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
Summarize/reference things so they are easy to find 6 game sessions later when player X pulls out his Widget he found.

The classical:
  • New Magic Items
  • New Monsters
  • NPC tables.
  • Player Maps
  • etc.
Almost never done, but I think would be crutial for a sandbox product is an index by topic with page numbers.
Just like any old reference book.

bryce0lynch

i fucking hate writing ...
Staff member
I don't know that this is a separate section. Right now it feels more like advice to give in various sections of the book on how to masturbate over details and still write something useful at the table. IE: backstory. timeline. NPC trivia, fictpon. etc. Keeping things out of the main text.

Squuens comments on an index are good.

Because of that I'm going to note that this section is currenlty on the chopping block, it instead being ADVICE on mentioned in other areas.

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
Right now I'm putting adventures in an appendix. A big sandbox area with adventures scattered everywhere and no way to know where characters will go first, a list of different appendices becomes crucial with rumors and hooks to cross reference.

bryce0lynch

i fucking hate writing ...
Staff member
Nice!
Good example of the fluidity of the guidelines. You have a sandbox, and the adventures are the refernce material!