Search results

1. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Sounds amazing :) I'd buy that book for sure, when it'll come out.
  2. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I agree with you about the description being Dry. Personally i love a good description that uses just enough signifiers that will kick my creative thinking and will enable me to select the proper mechanics that i think would create an interesting possibility space and a dialogue with the...
  3. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Architecturally wise, i don't know if 25ft is a height that can give the arrowslits a good coverage of the room. Partially this dungeon is based on a real place and a real firefight that i participated in. Originally it was a civilian home that was densely close to other civilian homes (so you...
  4. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I hope he will accept. I'm reading through his Blog right now and it has a lot of top-notch materials. I especially loved his 'On Set Design' post.
  5. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I will try to see how it looks with different fonts and a smaller size. Right now, the font size is a 9, which is fairly small in a 100% scale. My concern that anything small then that will be unusable.
  6. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Thank you for these articles, very interesting stuff! I think i will change it to 'Latch lid' it's more accurate and i love the fact that it's a mechanical device the party can discover if they look closely.
  7. RoeeAV

New Year's Adventure Design Contest - The Lair

@DangerousPuhson With the pace i write 'Room Keys' i think i won't win either.
  8. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Reduced the amount of bulleted paragraphs. Removed the 'Strength checks' from the doors and barrels. Because i felt the the descriptive text will be a good enough signifier for the GM to to give it a DC roll if needed. Updated the map with the proper 'Trap' drawings. Sulfur smell is now...
  9. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I would love to read it! I am now in this rabbit hole of finding the perfect format and layout. Your work might save me alot of headaches LOL :)
  10. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I guess that all the options are valid. But i thought that simply writing it down on the map might be easier to understand then trying to guess it from a width number or a the drawing of the corridor. I think that sometimes text is easier to interpret mechanically. To be honest i did not do the...
  11. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I wanted the whole room to faintly smell of sulfur, because the gas is released from the walls all around and not from the door. But i think both you and @DangerousPuhson are right, if i mention that the Door smells of sulfur that will connect it better to the trap. Thanks!
  12. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

@DangerousPuhson I love it :) Thanks!
  13. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

It still needs some work, but here goes... 🙈
  14. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

@Beoric how would you write the same 'Room Key' if your goal was to minimize the GM's prep work to the minimum and in addition to encourage him/her to creatively remake the room in his/her own version? When i wrote my 'Room Key' I've tried to describe the room/s in a way that'll be very easy...
  15. RoeeAV

New Year's Adventure Design Contest - The Lair

What a great contest! I would love to participate. Anyone's looking for a partner?
  16. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Yeah i agree, the text of the readaloud could have been simpler and less poetic. In general the big advantage of this format is that it makes the GM's work a lot easier. Just read the readaloud and then give the details in the bullets when needed. But, it's disadvantage, is that it's very...
  17. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Personally i really love the Room Keys in the 'Dungeon Age' adventures. It has a very good combo of 'Read out loud' and bulleted descriptions. The only downside is that Joseph doesn't include an image of the relevant dungeon section. An example from 'Kraken Corpse Delve':
  18. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I think that once the Room Key includes an an image of the relevant Dungeon section, the dimensions are redundant. The dimensions also don't work if the room's shape is slightly more complex than a square of any kind. In my opinion dungeon maps should be less realistic and more functional. An...
  19. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

@The1True Thank you 😊 All the comment came from a good place, so no worries. I think the format is great too. Although the text can be a little bit shorter and more interesting (Which i already did and it works even better now). I will post an update soon.
  20. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Thank you all for your suggestions and guidance. I appreciate it a lot. To be honest, I've always had a certain fear from writing & designing scenarios/adventures professionally. And I've been looking for a group of professionals such as yourselves for a long time. As an experienced Game...