Search results

1. Maynard

Hack Feedback

I put together this little hack recently I'm rather fond of. I'd love your feedback!
  2. Maynard

Through the Foglands

Hey all, I just published my latest adventure, except it's actually my first. https://davidmaynard.itch.io/through-the-foglands I initially wrote this at the beginning of the pandemic. What started as a hum drum 5e game took on a million drafts as I read this blog and learned so much from all of...
  3. Maynard

Good small systems

Hi all, I'm working with a prison book project, where we mail books to prisoners who request them. We get a lot of requests for RPG books (especially system rules). I know most of them are probably asking for The Players Handbook for 5e or something, but I want to find something like Knave we...
  4. Maynard

Bandit Lairs

Are there any small bandit lairs you guys liked? Must be human and fairly mundane.
  5. Maynard

New Adventure: The Gemeria Code

Hi everyone, checking in after the holidays. Hope you're all doing well. I need to get up to date on recent reviews and this contest; it looks like there are some juicy adventures. I finally got around to publishing some stuff on itch! https://davidmaynard.itch.io/ Please check out TGC, it's...
  6. Maynard

Anyone here play Warcraft 3?

I'm putting this little system I wrote up using the heroes from WC3 as a base into InDesign right now as a side project, I'd love to get your thoughts on it. Going for a simple knave like 2-3 double sided pages thing that I'd publish for free...
  7. Maynard

Well of the Worm [Knave]

Played through Well of the Worm as a 1 shot today using Knave. We had never played Knave before, but caught up to it really quickly. Really well designed system. Because there were only 3 of them I had them start at level 2. I used the home village // veteran hook as Bryce suggested. My players...
  8. Maynard

Gold for XP in a town

Hi all, I'm very interested in how gold for xp was handled at the table when you got back to town. How did you go about having your players exchange the gold for xp within the game world? I am interested in some kind of reaction system (players gamble the money, might get money back, players...
  9. Maynard

Best One Shots

Hi all, I run a monthly game where players pick a class pin out of a hat (there are 2 GM pins in there too). Then there's 20 minutes of prep and whoever pulled the GM pin has to run a game. It's mainly 5th edition because its meant to bring as many people into the hobby as possible, but we play...
  10. Maynard

Hello!

Hi everyone, this section was about as close as I could find to an introduction section. I started writing an adventure as a sort of pandemic project (mostly to teach myself indesign) and I've really enjoyed using Bryce's reviews and the insightful comments from everyone here as I've been...