Recent content by tetramorph

1. tetramorph

Criteria: Evocative-Terse continuum vs. Rorschach for the referee

There is only love, here, of course. But this is really off OP, even for me. New thread, anyone? Anyone with admin status capable of hiving off the off topic comments into a new thread? Only for love, only love.
  2. tetramorph

Dyson's maps suck

I used to love his maps and supported his Patreon. Still do, but at lower giving category. As far as I can tell, he has switched from making old school dungeons to 5e battle mats. Beautiful, but of limited use. I love a lot of his "middle work" for wilderness lairs.
  3. tetramorph

Seeking feedback on evocative writing

gru, I love these descriptions. Clear and totally useful at the table. But I am notoriously heretical when it comes to Lynchian orthodoxy and evocative prose.
  4. tetramorph

The state of Post-OSR content

What about a comparison to synthesizers? (Sorry, my other hobby.): OD&D: Modular AD&D: Analog poly synth 2e: digital hybrid synth 3e: sampler 4e: Digital Audio Workstation 5e: digital analogue modeler What would the basic line be? Monophonic analogue? 3e era basic: "keyboard" from Target...
  5. tetramorph

Best mini-dungeons?

I would love to see them, Allan.
  6. tetramorph

The state of Post-OSR content

Head-aching. nuOSR I am familiar with as a term. What does the "br" in brOSR even stand for? Sorry to get stuck on a little thing. If I can get around this, I may be able to spend the mental energy learning more.
  7. tetramorph

Okay, @squeen, I think I am starting to see it. There must be some truly bad modules published out there to have to say outloud some of this stuff.
  8. tetramorph

I understand usability. Got it. I understand his emphasis on evocative prose - even if I mildly disagree. In the link @Avi gave, it looks like what Lynch wants is to set up the ref to set up the players to "have some kind of feeling." I care little for this. I want the ref and the players to...
  9. tetramorph

Hey, @squeen, did you ever find any threads about Bryce's Four Pillars?
  10. tetramorph

Eero classifies module writing verbosity

I think I prefer Laconic. I think I am in the minority on that one here. Lynch hates that Laconic style almost as much as he hates the Literary. And most folks are here because they agree, more or less, with Lynch. (I do too, about most things! Just not that.)
  11. tetramorph

Here Be Dragons

Wow. I read through the posts so far and I feel like that Peanuts cartoon where they are all saying what they are seeing in the clouds in the sky, like Linus seeing some ancient mythic kings or some crazy thing like that and then Charlie Brown finally just says, "well, I was going to say I saw a...
  12. tetramorph

Here Be Dragons

I'll comment when my semester finally comes to its long conclusion! This is great stuff.
  13. tetramorph

Two things: 1. what are Bryce's "four pillars"? Links to threads that discuss these? 2. Are there already threads where examples of formatting are given and discussed?
  14. tetramorph

@EOTB I missed your longer post! I've now read it. I love the musical analogy. You are spot on. When I play the piano, I prefer a lead sheet to sheet music. A good D&D session/campaign should be like a jazz performance. Improv within a recognizable frame. Within that musical analogy, like...
  15. tetramorph

Feedback Thread: Description/Language

The1True, I prefer your second example. I particularly like Gürtzi's format template and example.