Hemlock's latest activity

• H
    Hemlock replied to the thread Book Fucking Talk.
    No, she's a literary character by Steven Brust whose original roots apparently lie in an old RPG campaign that Brust played way back...
  • H
    Is it, though? Do most people really fantasize about the power of being able to make educated guesses about the future? If so, wouldn't...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to squeen's post in the thread Let's talk about Barrowmaze with Like Like.
    At least we're having a posting renaissance here. All is not lost.
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    I meant that I had forgotten Dzur had put a serious dent in my pet theory. That and Brust is on record as saying he won't do any more...
  • H
    Well I mean, earlier you were suggesting that Mario is really Vlad, but in Dzur Mario helps Vlad out as a favor IIRC to Aliera, by...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    I forgot about Dzur; really need to re-read the series. I don't think Paarfi fabricated the existence of a relationship with Mario, I...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    Before Corwin even has his memory back he spares Julian. He feels badly that he has to keep leaving Bill in the dark about what's REALLY...
  • H
    We had a few pages of narrative from Aliera's perspective in Tiassa, and BTW Mario's involvement in the events of Dzur seem like pretty...
  • H
    I'm not so sure about that part. Pathfinder is a recent acquisition, and the protection isn't a 100% guarantee even against a mere...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Haha Haha.
    Aliera and Morrolan are great examples of people who grew up not having to experience consequences, and not fully comprehending on an...
  • H
    P.S. A great Morrolan quote is: Around that time, his cousin Aliera came in, wearing her, what have you bothered me about this time...
  • H
    I love your description of Vlad as an annoying little brother. Spot-on, you've verbalized what I could never put into words there. That...
  • H
    I always loved that passage. Note sure I agree with the alignment and psych assessment, though. She is superficially uninterested in...
  • H
    Good point! That was pretty cool. I would like to hear some of your other examples if you don't mind, just to refresh my memory and my...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    He has more depth than he's aware of, which is one of the great things I love about Zelazny's writing -- the plot and worldbuilding has...